Educating the Whole Hearted Child by Clay Clarkson and Sally Clarkson (The classic book on why to homeschool and how to homeschool.)
"Our heart’s desire in Educating the WholeHearted Child is to give Christian parents who desire to homeschool a detailed and trustworthy map that will enable them to confidently and joyfully follow the path of biblical home education from beginning to end.
"The WholeHearted Learning model of Christian home education presented in this book is a comprehensive, uncomplicated, commonsense, biblical approach to homeschooling that integrates all required areas of study for children aged 4-14. It shows you how to use real books, real life, and real relationships to liberate learning in your home from the tyranny of textbooks, the grip of curriculum, and the rigid rule of school.
"Understand, though, that this book is not a curriculum. We do not tell you what to do every step of the way since you and your family situation are unique. Rather, this book is about a way of thinking about your home that will guide you onto and along the right path, and give you all the tools and help you need to walk it confidently with your children.
You’ll find 384 help-filled pages packed with useful information, insights and encouragement:
- Ideas: Hundreds of practical ideas, teaching methods, lifestyle suggestions, and product recommendations
- Insights: Dozens of scriptures, personal anecdotes, quotes, notes, and comments
- Anecdotes: Dozens of "In Our Home" snapshots of Clarkson family living
- Books: A recommended "Family Favories" reading list of whole and living books
- Helps: A section of reproducible forms for planning and record-keeping
"We cover all the major areas of home education and the homeschooling lifestyle that are important to you:
- Why to Homeschool: Biblical and practical reasons for a Christian home and homeschool
- Nurture: Shaping your child's heart to long for God
- Discipleship: Shaping your child’s heart to live for God
- Education: Strengthening your child’s mind to learn for God
- Homeschool Models: Various approaches to home education.
- The WholeHearted Learning Model: Our own comprehensive discipleship-based and whole-book centered approach to Christian home education
- Methods: Covering over four dozen key subject areas and emphases with extensive personal and practical input
- Learning Styles: An uncomplicated way to better understand how your children's personalities affect how they live and learn.
- Organization: Insights and tips on planning and organizing at home.
- Lifestyle: Wisdom and encouragement from an experienced homeschooling mother (Sally).
- Resources and Support: How to get started and keep going." (taken from the Whole Heart Ministries website)
You will find yourself referring to this wonderful resource again and again throughout your homeschool years.
We also recommend...
We're homeschooling right alongside you! Because we are homeschooling and run our business from our home, the best way to contact us is by email. If you call our toll-free number, and we are unable to answer, please leave a message. We'll get back to you as soon as we are able.
- Schoolhouse Publishing
- 659 Schoolhouse Rd
- Telford, PA 18969
Phone: 877-747-4711 (toll free)
Email List Signup